Frequently Asked Question
For the most part, staff and students alike can make use of the EdisonGuest network in order to connect up their personal devices.
However, this is an isolated network from the rest of the building, and as such, certain resources may not be available on it, such as printers. In order to access the full network, staff may connect to the STAFF-EAP network (Note: This network will require your device to have the Securly certificate installed. Instructions here). Students are not provided access to this network on personal devices, and can access these resources only on their district provided Chromebooks. If you believe an exception is required for you, please contact the IT department via a ticket and we will consider your inquiry.
Connecting to STAFF-EAP:
Connecting to STAFF-EAP varies by device. For most devices though, connecting is as simple as selecting the network and inputting the credentials you use to log into your district assigned laptops/desktops (firstname.lastname; no @edisonwildcats.org required).
Non district assigned Windows devices tend to be a bit tedious to connect. Instructions are provided below, but if you require additional help, please send us a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help when we get a chance.
I do not have screenshots for IOS, but it is as simple as connecting, entering your credentials, and selecting "Trust" when prompted to accept the server certificate.
Android phones will require the additional step of selecting a CA certificate. Select "Do not validate" for this option. Then simply fill out the identity (username) and password fields.
Connecting a Windows device requires a couple extra steps and isn't quite as straight forward as Android or IOS.
1. Search for "Control Panel" in the start menu
2. Click "View network status and tasks"
3. Click "Set up a new connection or network"
4. Click "Manually connect to a wireless network"
5. Fill out the fields as seen below, then click "Next"
6. Click "Change connection settings"
7. Click the Settings button
8. Uncheck the "Verify the server's indentity by validating the certificate" box
9. Click OK on all open prompts to save those settings.
10. Go to the Wifi connections selection list, and select STAFF-EAP
11. Enter your credentials when prompted. Username is firstname.lastname (no @edisonwildcats.org) and the password is the password you use to get onto your district assigned laptops/desktops.